I’m a huge fan of Windows 7. I love just about everything with it. There is one feature that I seem to always fight with and that is Windows Shake. Take a look here if you are not familiar with this feature. Most people like it, perhaps I just shake a bit to much! If you’re like me and you want to disable this feature follow the steps below to edit the registry to do so.
- From the Start Menu Search or Run dialog box type Regedit (depending on your UAC configuration you may have click Yes to open it)
- Navigate to the following key – HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows
- Right-click on Windows key and create a new key called Explorer
- Right-Click on the Explorer folder you just created and create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value key (even if you have installed the 64bit version of Win7)
- Name the DWORD – NoWindowMinimizingShortcuts
- Assign it a value of 1
- Close Regedit
- Log off and log back on to have the key take affect.