After the success of SharePoint Best Practices Conference, organized by Mindsharp last September in Washington DC, the series goes on. Next event is going to be at the very beginning of February, in San Diego.
This conference goes beyond the how-to’s of SharePoint and delves into real world issues facing successful SharePoint implementations. Learn how to:
- Make consistent, confident decisions at every level, across your enterprise.
- Break the cycle of avoidance, disagreement and ignorance that leads to subpar results.
- Eliminate design, deployment, organizational and administrative confusion.
- Apply effective SharePoint decision-making in any situation and in turn enhance enterprise communication, collaboration and efficiency – while significantly lowering cost.
- Replace disorder with clarity, direction and confidence.
Learn practical and productive SharePoint practices from the industry’s leading authorities. Event speakers include:
- Microsoft MVPs
- Microsoft Product Team Members
- Industry Experts
Although I was presenting in Washington DC, I’m unable to fly over to the second Conference, but I’m very proud to announce: I’m presenting at the first European Best Practices Conference, 6-8 April, London, UK. My sessions are the followings:
- Best Practices – Document Management with MOSS 2007 (IW 310): Document Management is one of the most important function of SharePoint. In my session I’ll try to clarify what the word ‘document’ means, what is the typical document lifecycle model, and what kind of tasks/functionalities are needed in a document management system. After discussing these general questions I’ll show how can we take the advantages of SharePoint and the full Office System as an advanced document management system, where processes (workflows) and the optimal storing is very important as well as usability and findability/searchability.
- Search can be your best friend you just need to know how to talk to it (IW 306): Whatever you work, finding the information what you are searching for is one of the most critical part of your everyday tasks. MOSS 2007 has a very powerful query engine – if you know its capabilities, and how to use them in an easy way, you could get a really good friend. I’ll introduce you to my friend called SharePoint Enterprise Query: what is the right way to do a query or make use of the advanced search options , how to manage your search results and alerts, how to search in external data sources – or even how to search with SharePoint but without opening your SharePoint site.
More information as well as registration can be found on the website of the Conference.