Using the Content Query Web part on MySite

So I was out on client site today attempting to setup the content query web part on a MySite, after exporting the web part and re-importing it to the my site I then got a “Could not load XSL file. The system cannot find the file specified” error. After google failed to provide me an answer I decided to have a play around with the site settings for the MySite and found that if I enabled the “Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” site collection features the content query web part started working like a charm. Not only that but if I deactivated the feature afterwards the web part would continue to function normally

2 thoughts on “Using the Content Query Web part on MySite”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>