The Outlook "Move" tool for DST has been released
Download details: Microsoft Office Outlook Tool: Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook:
To install this download:
- Before running this tool, make sure that you have installed the Windows patch that contains the most up-to-date time zone definitions or you are running Windows Vista with the most up-to-date time zone definitions.
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the tzmove.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Instructions for use:
After you are done installing the tool, it will automatically launch for you.
- Verify your default Data File is selected and Update to reflect changes to Windows time zones is selected, and continue through the rest of the tool.
- If you need to run the tool again, then launch tzmove.exe (located in the \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Office Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool\ folder.)
Note that if you have created non-recurring appointments on your Calendar since you updated your Windows time zones, you should click the Details button once the tool has reported that its scan is complete and uncheck any such appointments before continuing. Additionally, after running the tool, make sure to go to your calendar and review your calendar items to ensure that they appear at the correct times.
This is the standalone mailbox tool…and I’m not sure I understand what it’s doing?