Rick? Did you not get the memo that SBS’s Exchange IS Standard Exchange? I think they just want to push their hosted version… Get windows mobile 5’s and be done with Goodlink…
SUBJECT: End-of-Support Plans for Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS)
We are writing to update you on our end-of-support plans for Good Mobile Messaging (formerly GoodLink) for Microsoft Small Business Server™ (SBS). If your company is running Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino, please disregard this letter.
Our end-of-support plans for Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft Small Business Server include:
Software & Technical Support Timeline:
· Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft SBS v4.9.1 will be the last version that will be compatible with Microsoft SBS.
· Also note that new handhelds introduced after v4.9.1, which was released 11/14/2006, will not be compatible with Good Mobile Messaging for SBS.
· Technical support for Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft SBS including escalations from Good Technology Value-Added-Resellers (VARs), will end after 5/31/2007
· Good VARs may end their support for Good Mobile Messaging for SBS on a different schedule from Good. Good SBS customers should check with their VAR regarding the VAR’s support timeline.
Additional Client Access License (CAL) purchases:
· Existing customers will be allowed to purchase additional CAL’s until 3/31/2007
· However, as mentioned above, technical support will end on 5/31/2007
Incentive to Upgrade to Microsoft Exchange
· Starting in April 2007, Good will offer you free upgrade software if you upgrade to the enterprise version of Microsoft Exchange. If you upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Standard or Enterprise Edition, Good will provide:
o One (1) Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft Exchange Server License
o One (1) Good Mobile Messaging for Microsoft Exchange CAL for each Good Mobile Messaging for SBS CAL that you currently own
· This offer will be available until 5/31/2007 and you must have a valid technical support plan from Good or one of its partners
Alternatively, you may also consider migrating to one of our several hosted service partners. Hosted service partners are listed at http://www.good.com/corp/int_products.php?id=36
If you would like to purchase Technical Support or have other sales related questions, please contact email@example.com or call 866-7-BE-GOOD.
We thank you for your business and loyalty.
Product Management & Marketing
Good Technology, Inc.,