Outlook.exe stays running after exit?
From Milly Staples – Outlook MVP
Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit:
1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle.
2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) – contact their support for an alleged fix.
3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus!
4. COM Add-ins.
5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders.
6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan incoming and outgoing mail.
Milly Staples [MVP – Outlook]
From Diane –
Microsoft Outlook: Outlook.exe won’t exit: