Hmmm….. ever since installing Sharepoint 3.0 I’ve been getting this…

EventID.Net: Now while it’s close to that.. it’s a different CLSID.. so let’s see which one is freaking out..

Just like in that post though, we go into the registry to search on that CSLID value

So now we know it’s the IIS WAMREG admin service.

So we go into the component services and find that service.

So now that we found it, we right mouse click and go into properties 


And we go to the security tab and click on customize

Since it doesn’t have network service, only administrator and system, we add the network service

In this case, NETWORK SERVICE needs to be added with Local Launch and Local Activation permissions.


So that now we have system, administrator and network service.  From there we click to add Local activation, save and reboot.

That should do the trick.

One Thought on “DCOM The application specific permissions do not grant

  1. Chris Knight on July 1, 2007 at 9:51 am said:

    I only started getting this after I upgraded my SBS 2003 SP1 box running WSS 3.0 and WSUS 3.0 with SP2.

Post Navigation