I was cleaning up the upstairs office and found that I’m a packrat. I found what ended up being SBS 2003’s first beta disks. Way back in November 2001 was the first beta of SBS “Bobcat” what ultimately became SBS 2003. That became a long beta due to the SQL slammer and security push. (We even patched SQL during the beta with these “by hand” instructions that were pretty lengthy).
What was in that first beta was not what we ended up with in SBS 2003. Bottom line… while being involved in betas lets you see the direction that various companies are heading towards, sometimes even as a beta tester you can be surprised about the changes that are made.