Small Business Susan

Dear Efax people

Dear Efax people.

YOU TOLD ME TWO MONTHS AGO THAT YOU CANCELED THIS.  I DON’T WANT THIS SERVICE ANYMORE.  THE CREDIT CARD IS EXPIRED. I CALLED EARLIER TODAY AND TALKED ON REF 005927917 AND WAS TOLD THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS INACTIVE.

STOP TRYING TO CHARGE ME FOR SERVICE I DON’T WANT!

Okay yes I know I’m yelling but how many calls to Customer Support does it take to shut off cloud services?  That’s my main beef right now with these things.  Give them a credit card and they auto approve the subscriptions and you can’t get off of them.   And then like now they keep trying to charge me for a service that I thought I cancelled two months ago, and just called again today and tried to cancel.

I was told by phone confirmation 005927917 that my account was not being charged, that it was inactive.

But bottom line Mr. efax people… I cancelled… twice now…

——– Original Message ——–

Subject: Unable to obtain payment from your credit card
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:47:27 -0700
From: eFax Customer Service <help@mail.efax.com>
To: sbradcpa@pacbell.net

Dear Susan,

We were unable to collect payment from your credit card for your eFax Plus service. Your credit card company provided the following reason:

> Charge Not Approved

Here are some convenient options for resolving this situation:

1. Log into your account to update or change your credit card information

2. Contact us by telephone at 1-323-817-3205 or by email at help@mail.efax.com. We will work with you to find the best solution.

3. Contact your credit card company. Their phone number can be found on the back of your credit card or on your monthly statement. (Please follow up with us if you still have questions after contacting your credit card provider.)

If we are unable to collect payment for your eFax service, your account will be closed.

We value your business, and hope you act quickly to keep your eFax account. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and for being a member of the world’s leading Internet fax service.

Sincerely,
eFax Customer Service

6 comments ↓

• #   David Houston on 09.19.08 at 8:47 pm

Hi Susan,
    Thanks for the blog post, I find this one interesting especially after all the talk in the yahoo groups listing pros and cons for cloud services. No one mentioned this problem with them :)

Could this be the biggest issue with Cloud Services for Small businesses especially, the Communication and lack of face to face time?
    Thanks
    David

• #   Rob Parker on 09.19.08 at 10:46 pm

It’s nice to have a soapbox ;-)

• #   Cham on 09.20.08 at 10:15 am

I had the exact problem, very difficult to get them to cancel.

• #   harry brelsford on 09.20.08 at 11:02 am

I will check with Cyndi at our office to see if we are using efax…if we are, we will stop! True story that our new VoIP carrier, NGT, offers up a fax services that will likley meet our needs.

harrybbbbbb

• #   Dave B on 09.22.08 at 5:17 am

funny thing, I visited the efax site today looking for e-fax solutions. I make a point never to do business with any website that omits its contact email address. There is only a 1800 number for ordering. So I crossed them off my list.

• #   Roman on 09.23.08 at 12:30 am

efax is incredibe bad service … cancellation or get support — it is totally waste ofyour time. It seems that they have the support out of India. I am happy user of Trust fax for years and it fit to my needs as i need it.