Do you live around Las Vegas? There’s something special coming up on May 9th from 9:30 to 4 p.m. Tim Carney and friends are putting on another SBS 2008 Build Day.
If you are near Vegas and AREN’T signed up for this… you will lose out on a big educational event!
Las Vegas User Group & Microsoft Present:
SBS 2008 Build Day – Partners showing Partners how to Successfully Deploy SBS 2008
Event Code: 137823 (http://www.clicktoattend.com/?id=137823)
9:30 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
New Horizons CLC of Las Vegas
7674 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 250
Las Vegas, NV 89128
General Event Information
The Las Vegas Small Business Users Group is pleased to announce a special event for Microsoft partners – a one-day Small Business Server 2008 build event and technical education opportunity.
Event Cost: In-Person – $25.00 (includes breakfast & lunch) – Cash Only Please
Live Meeting – Please do NOT register using this link, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for Live Meeting only.
This event will showcase a live step-by-step SBS 2008 build, including joining XP Pro and Vista clients to the domain and a review of the other post-installation Getting Started Tasks. Interspersed throughout the build will be discussions of various topics such as:
• Minimum and recommended hardware requirements
• Use of the Answer File
• Network changes from SBS 2003
• The new Management Console
• Other highly useful information
Following the networking luncheon we will discuss:
• Migration tasks, experiences and caveats
• Edge-Security (Amy Babinchak – Microsoft MVP)
• Securing SBS 2008 with AuthAnvil (Dana Epp – Microsoft MVP)
• SBS 2008 Gotchas (Susan Bradley – Microsoft MVP)
• Licensing (Tim Carney – www.basbits.org)