Small Business Susan

Vista curmudgeon club forming here and now

I hereby announce the founding of the Vista curmudgeon club.  If you’d like to be a charter member please email me.  The club is founded on the belief that Windows 7 is really Vista Service pack 3, that all of those folks who are drooling over getting their hands on Windows 7 as soon as it releases are the very same ones you couldn’t pry their hands off of Windows XP.

If however, you have been using Vista  Pre Windows 7 for over two years you will have a lesser learning curve and a leg up on everyone else.

But if you need resources and you aren’t a member of the Vista Curmudgeon club like I am… check out the Windows 7 Springboard section — http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd361745.aspx

6 comments ↓

• #   DaveN on 06.17.09 at 3:47 pm

I never objected to Vista and like it better than XP. I agree that Win7 is a lot the same, but I’ve found two compelling features. I like Media Center a lot better in 7, but to me the killer app is aero snap. Susan, I know you’re a multi monitor person like I am. If you’re not using snap to drag windows between monitors, then up to the top to maximize them, give it a try. You’ll never go back.

• #   Indy on 06.17.09 at 4:18 pm

XP–>7 means only one training for hundreds of thousands of users, as opposed to XP–>Vista–>7.

“Why does the window act differently depending on where I drag it in 7 versus Vista?”

“Why is my taskbar, different, again? Didn’t I just relearn how they put everything here and there?”

“The drivers for 7 seem much more mature and ready than Vista. Why didn’t we just wait for 7?”

And so on.

• #   bradley on 06.17.09 at 4:23 pm

Drivers are just as mature (actually more so) for Vista.

• #   GlennL on 06.20.09 at 10:16 am

Sign me up. I’ve been using 64 bit Vista in a SBS 2003 environment since the day it was released. Some small driver problems in the beginning, but over all, I.m a happy camper.

• #   Tyler Wisenburg on 06.22.09 at 6:44 pm

Sign me up too. I love Pre7 and infact I’ll be waiting for post7 to upgrade again. Only one reason: I hate the task bar.

I sent in coments to MS several times because I HATE taskbar grouping. They at least let you not colapse things, but I want my windows open in a certain order and it drives me insane that I can’t stop the stupid thing from grouping. At least they let you move groups around on the task bar (a feature which should have been in Vista) but they don’t let me move individual windows. Why?!

• #   Stephen on 09.04.09 at 2:31 pm

It took a little digging, here is my comment from January 20th 2009:-

“What is Windows 7 though to me? Windows Vista SP3 – Tweaked UAC and some new ‘eye-candy’ & a bit of performance thrown in”

….

“Trawling through my email it was 28th February 2006 that I started using Vista, near on three years ago, next OS please – Windows 7.”

So indeed I had to add this comment and I think I might (am) a member of the Windows 7 = Vista SP3 ‘curmudgeon Club’ :P

Cheers,