Who has a voodoo doll handy?
I have been fighting an issue with IE8/Win7 where I would get a
Error Unspecified Error
And could not print from inside IE from an efiling report page from our tax vendor (which is kinda important at this time of the year) which is why I’m still here at the office tonight.
After reregistering every dll known to mankind
I tried Kai’s IE fix up http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en
I tried everything short of sticking voodoo pins in Google Chrome and Firefox.
I knew it worked if I ran IE without add ins, but the page launches from inside the app so I can’t redirect to 64bit IE (where it also worked) or IE with no add ins for just this page.
What pains me is the number of similar posts in the IE8 MS answers forums and some go off and say “Chrome works” and live with it.
If someone still has contacts with the IE team feel free to pass this along. This should be easier than this. I can’t use Chrome or Firefox. I can’t use IE8 64 bit. But I CANNOT get IE8 32 bit to consistently work
I am now disabling those XML DOM’s one at a time to see if they do the trick.
P.S. already tried this, works temporarily, doesn’t work after a reboot