Small Business Susan

Can’t see SBS 2011 and you are an action pack subscriber?

Right now the SBS 2011 is available on the Technet for Action pack site.  If you are a Action pack subscriber and you CAN’T see SBS 2011 make sure that your Action pack profile is linked to Technet.
How do I access my TechNet for Action Pack benefits?
The TechNet site is where you can access full version software for evaluation (available only to Microsoft Action Solution Provider subscribers).

Register your TechNet for Action Pack subscription by completing the following steps:

1. Visit the TechNet site.
  2. Sign in as a first time user with your Windows Live ID associated with your Microsoft Action Pack Solution Provider subscription.
  3. Enter your contact information and benefit access number (technical contact ID2). This information must exactly match the information you entered in the Partner Membership Center.
  4. Accept the agreement to complete registration.

2To find your technical contact ID, sign in to the Partner Membership Center, click the Requirements and Assets tab and select Assign Contact Roles. (Your technical contact ID is listed next to your name.) There, you can also update your organization’s technical contacts.

10 comments ↓

• #   Richard on 12.18.10 at 8:17 am

This is now a little confusing. If I already have a Technet (Retail) and MAPS, can I link those so I can get SBS2011? I did not really see a way to do that anywhere. The LiveID I use for MAPS is the same one I use for Technet.

• #   HandyAndy on 12.18.10 at 12:25 pm

One more step was required for me and may be for you as well.
    Here is the transcript from my session how do I associate my MAPS subscription to my TechNet account.

You are now chatting with ‘Kevin Liu’.
    Kevin Liu: Thank you Andy for contacting the TechNet Online Concierge. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Kevin Liu: Please follow the steps:

Kevin Liu: 1. Go to the following link and sign in with your Windows Live ID

Kevin Liu: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/add/default.aspx
    Kevin Liu: 2. After login with the Live ID, fill out the profile center if required. In the process of authenticating a subscription, you will be prompted to enter your registered information: First name, Last name, Email, and Benefit Access Number. After that your TechNet subscription is associated with the login passport.

Kevin Liu: 3. Click “Ok” to confirm that you want to assign this subscription with system the live ID even it has already associated with another passport.
    Kevin Liu: 4. Click “Cancel” to confirm that? you don’t want to add another subscription.

Andy: thank You

• #   Bob on 01.17.11 at 7:30 am

Hi,

So to clarify, do I need to have a paid TechNet subscription for this to work? I don’t have one at present, when I sign in with the Live ID I use for MAPS, it just logs me in with no prompts, etc and SBS 2011 isn’t showing anywhere.

Thanks!

Bob

• #   bradley on 01.17.11 at 9:18 am

You get this as a benefit of action pack membership. You get a Technet plus subscription on top of the action pack benefits.

• #   Paul Roper on 01.26.11 at 5:10 pm

Hi
    There is no sign of SBS 2011 here for me in Australia…

And no one at MS partner support seems to know when SBS2008 will be replaced with SBS 2011..

• #   bradley on 01.26.11 at 5:24 pm

Read that.
    I know for sure it’s in Australia

• #   Paul Roper on 02.28.11 at 1:26 am

Hi,

It’s Pretty Late February here… 6pm on the 28th..
    Still NO sign ofSBS 2011 on MS Partner Downloads :-(

Must be hidden somewhere.. Love to see a real link to it..

thanks in advance…

Paul

• #   bradley on 02.28.11 at 1:40 am

I don’t see a link either.

• #   Joe on 03.09.11 at 3:53 am

Still no link. Tz.

• #   bradley on 03.09.11 at 8:55 am

If you haven’t been keeping up with recent blog posts, read ahead, it’s still not on the Action pack download. However, you have rights to Technet with will at least give you testing rights.
    Follow what the blog post is talking about and get access to Technet.