SBS 2011 Standard on Technet plus now

Gentlemen …start your downloads….

20 Thoughts on “SBS 2011 Standard on Technet plus now

1. Richard on December 17, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

“Not available based on your subscription level” for me. I have TechNet Professional. What am I missing?

2. bradley on December 17, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

Do you get any downloads? It should be there, I’d check that you are signed up with the right LiveID. Call the Technet subscription department if you need to.

3. Available to Levels: TechNet Plus Consumer Service Professional Pilot; TechNet for Action Pack;

In short MVP’s And Pilot Programs

4. bradley on December 17, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Technet for Action pack = SBSC not MVPs

5. I am a SBSC, this was the definition I read;

HelpfulHi Oliver:

Thanks for contacting TechNet Site feedback forum.

TechNet for action pack is offered through our MVP program, for more information please visit this site https://partner.microsoft.com/40013779

Subscriptions offered through TechNet has only TechNet Standard and TechNet Professional. I hope this helps.

Thanks

Supriya

Subscription Site Support

Marked As Answer bySupriya MSDNSupportModeratorWednesday, September 08, 2010 11:02 PM
    End Quote

not yet in my action pack maybe by the end of Dec :)

6. bradley on December 17, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

They are so full of it. Let me see what I can do.

7. bradley on December 17, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

Geoff can you ping me at susan-at-msmvps.com?

8. see, thats why you rock..

yes as soon as i get home …onsite on mobile waiting on a app install

9. bradley on December 17, 2010 at 7:41 pm said:

First off, as a SBSC you had to sign up for Action pack, therefore you get Technet for Action pack.

Next Technet for Action pack is for PARTNERS, it has nothing to do with MVPs.

10. I have Technet Professional which allows me to download pretty much anything, except for SBS 2011. It says that download is unavailable for my subscription.

11. bradley on December 17, 2010 at 9:38 pm said:

Do you have Technet for Action pack?

12. I purchased Technet Professional, I am a Partner as well but don’t want to have to purchase Action Pack to just get SBS2011.

What a croc.

13. Hang loose I’m confirming if they really meant to limit it like this.

14. Richard on December 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

Paul C, I agree. What a croc. I am in the very same position as you. I’ve had Action Pack in the past, but I found I did not need or use the benefits.

15. bradley on December 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

First off, I’m still checking if this isn’t just a mess up. So before you ‘what a croc’ wait until a workday when I can get an answer.

Secondly, Action pack now includes Technet, so it’s more of a benefit to have Action pack.

Then you need Action pack to be a SBSC er.

If you do small business, why not go for the SBSC credential too?

16. bradley on December 18, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Cris: I’m trying to understand why the links for Small Business Server 2011 keys and downloads are unavailable…they are available for SBS 2008
    Kevin Liu: At the moment, Small Business Server 2010 only available for two special TechNet subscriber (for partner). But please do not worry, SBS 2011 will be released to all TechNet subscribers later this month.
    Kevin Liu: The specific date is 24th December 2010.

17. bitlocker on December 20, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

I have been checking my Technet plus account and it now shows that I can download sbs2011 and It shows 5 license keys. I am downloading it now.
    sbs2011 is 6.5 gig! how can I fit that on a DVD that will only hold 4.7 gig??

18. bradley on December 20, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Dual layer DVD or a bootable 8 gig flash drive.

19. bitlocker on December 20, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

Yeah. Problem is that my server does not boot from a usb drive and I don’t have a Dual layer DVD burner or player. Oh well.

20. bradley on December 20, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

Buy an external one.
    Build a hyperV test box that only needs ISOs.
    Get together with a SBS group and plan a SBS build day.

Post Navigation