You must close all dialog boxes before you can close exchange:

You must close all dialog boxes before you can close exchange:

So you have SBS 2011 – which has Exchange 2010 and you installed IE9?

And now you see you can’d close the Exchange console?

“Just a quick update – we are still researching this problem. It has turned out to be a bit more complex than originally anticipated. Exchange can not really “fix” this in any way as it is a problem in interaction of IE9 and MMC itself (which Exchange uses as a client). Long story short, right now we do not have any new workarounds (other than what was already discussed in this thread) but the issue has not been forgotten and I am actively tracking it with those other teams.”

The fix is to remove IE9 and wait for a resolution.

7 Thoughts on “You must close all dialog boxes before you can close exchange:

1. Vagge Liakopoulos on June 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

You’ll just have to open task-manager and kill the mmc-process. Nothing bad happens your changes are saved anyway.

2. Pete P on June 8, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

Happens with SBS2008 too with IE9 installed.

3. Good find Susan. I have been having this problem with SBS 2011 and Exchange…. thought it was just me, but it appears to be widespread. Guess I will remove IE9.

4. Roman on June 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

5. sk8r on June 24, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

“Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:22 PM by Roman

Why on the Earth people you want to install IE9 on the server … I do not remember when was last time I have used the browser on the server for anything .. for sure there is no need for IE9 on the server :-( .”

I’ll tell you why , it comes with the updates , nobody asks for it to be installed and I use it every day whether I need it or not , every help page , just to mention one , has IE as a base program to the outside . If you click on the updates link to see the KB article is going to open IE .

6. Participant on June 30, 2011 at 1:02 pm said:

Go to your Task Manager and kill mmc.

Post Navigation