In light of CryptoLocker… have you tested your backups? I mean REALLY tested your backups?
Take the time when you don’t have an emergency to take that rotating backup to another hyperV deployment and see if you can restore that server from scratch. You can even go from P to V using a normal backup (example here)
FAQ: SBS 2011 Server backup fails – Microsoft Partners Forum:
SBS 2011 gives the Event ID 36 and 3 error when backing up C: drive
Shadow copy storage could not grow
Step 1: Check how much free disk space is available for shadow copies.
1. Click Start, and then click Computer.
2. Right-click any of the volumes listed, and then click Configure Shadow Copies. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
3. Click the volume where you want to increase the storage space for shadow copies, and then click Settings.
4. Under Storage area, type a larger value for the maximum size of the storage area, and then click OK.
5. Click OK to exit.
Event ID 36 — Diff Area Integrity
Step 2: Stop the Windows Search service to check if there is any Filtermanager error
1. Click Start ->Administrative Tools -> Services.
2. Stop the Windows Search service and check if there is any Filtermanager error
Microsoft Partner Support Community
We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. PSC support provides service from Monday to Friday (your local business hours). Thanks!