Another year…

BananaI just received my confirmation email, letting me know that i’ve been re-awarded for 2008-2009.

I’m still going to participate in the ASP.Net category. 2007-2008 really saw some dramatic changes in my field and i’m sure the next 12 months wont be any different.

One of the bigger things on my table (something which i’ve held sort of secret) is the fact that i’m writing a book. I’ll be revealing more on that as i get more time to blog.

So thanks to all of the great guys at the MVP Program – especially a big thank you goes to the Australian DPE team (Michael Kleef, David Lemphers, Charles Stirling, Nick Hodge and last, but not least Scott Barnes) for the events over the last year. Hope to see you all around!

o O { maybe saying “LO” all day long and singing “Oh Happy Days” really did work, eh Colin?

9 comments for “Another year…

1. April 1, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Are you sure it wasn’t an April Fool’s day email?

2. April 1, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Congrats! When will you share more about your book?

See you at the summit :)

3. Steven
    April 1, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Well Done

How does a person like Mitch Wheat become a MVP. I believe he is the leading contributer to developers in Perth.

Can I do anything to help him achieve this status?

4. April 1, 2008 at 5:25 pm

Hey Rod – yeah i’m pretty sure, but with this cycle it’s always best to double check..and yes, i can still log in to the MVP site :)

Pieter, in the next coming weeks i’ll be posting more details about the book – at the moment i’m busy writing and as such has less time to actually blog.

Steven, yes Mitch has been running the .Net user group for quite a while now. In terms of what you can do, well, the process is simple. Somebody (either an MVP or MSFT employee) needs to nominate Mitch and then he will be evaluated. I’m sure that his contribution to the .Net community in Perth will eventually get him a nomination as he’s deserving of one for all the work he’s done for the .Net community. Not sure what you can do to help – are you an MVP or a MSFT employee? best way if you arent, is simply to keep supporting the .Net user group – attend the sessions. I dont know if he’s been nominated yet or if he’s under evaluation. I did however speak to our MVP lead at the Heroes event here in Perth and pointed out Mitch’s contributions.

5. April 1, 2008 at 5:57 pm

Congrats on the renewal.

6. April 1, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Bronwen….

7. Dougal
    April 1, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Hey Brian, Congrats. How you find the time is beyond me

8. April 1, 2008 at 10:37 pm

I’ll take responsibility for the use of “Lo”, but for the singing you’re all on your own…

Or you will be if you keep singing like that.

9. April 3, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Colin, people know you and as such would have absolutely no problem believing that you’re the cause of both ‘evils’!!!

Comments are closed.