We arrived in Barcelona on May 28th, 2012 and stayed for 3 nights. We selected the Duquesa de Cardona Hotel, which is a beautiful hotel, quiet and close to many of the tourist spots.
The hotel (circled below) is close to La Rambla, el Gotic, and La Barceloneta beaches.
Some of our favorite places:
- La Sagrada Familia: A breath-taking church both outside and in.
- Parc Guell: A large park with colorful mosaic benches and “Hansel and Gretel” cottages.
- Gaudi’s Casa Batllo: An interestingly designed house that is fun to tour.
- La Rambla: A boulevard with fresh flowers, entertainers, shops, restaurants, and lots of people.
- La Boqueria: The most colorful and tasty market I have ever seen.
- Barri Gotic: The old quarter full of narrow alleys and great restaurants.
- Barceloneta: Gorgeous beaches.
And don’t forget the tapas!