I blogged about the above subject on Jan. 20, 2009. Today, I noticed they released a new software and driver version of Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Desktops (coincidentally, it was released on the same date).
The new software version of Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Desktops is now A23 which has v18.104.22.168 for its driver and v22.214.171.124 for the WLAN utility software.
It is compatible to the following Dell Computers that has Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card:
- Dimension:DXC061, DXP061;
- Inspiron Desktop:518, 519, 530, 530/530S, 530S, 531, 531S, 535, 535S, 541, 541s, 545, 545S, 546, 546S;
- OptiPlex:320, 330, 740, 745, 755, 760;
- Precision:390, 490, 690, T3400, T3500, T5400, T5500, T7400, T7500;
- Studio Desktop:540, Slim 540s;
- Studio XPS Desktop:435MT, Studio XPS 435T;
- Vostro Desktop:200, 220, 220s, 400, 410, 420;
- XPS Desktop:420, 625, 730, 730x, Studio XPS 425, XPS 430, XPS 720, XPS630a, XPS630i
And it is applicable to Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit systems.
They wrote in their webpage that the fixes or improvement are: Fixes speaker noise problem caused by Wireless LAN RF demodulation. Adds additional country support.
You can download it at their website.
Before upgrading from v126.96.36.199 (note: this version fixes the disconnection/slow connection issues) to new version v188.8.131.52, I decided to undo the temporary work-around that I did few days ago (by disabling the service of non-existing BCM42RLY service).
After the upgrade, I review the Event Viewer to see if there’ll be “The BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.” again and I’m happy to see none. Also, the fix on speaker noise is gone! I was seeing that issue too but did not realize that the Dell A525 Stereo Speakers with Sub-woofers is making noise due to WLAN RF demodulation (?) (whatever is that! I’m not a sound person 😀 ). I thought the speakers is making noise because Vista is being noisy LOL 😉
Thanks Dell for the fixes!