- Enhanced email protection with DKIM and DMARC in Office 365
- Touch Office apps for Windows resemble those for the iPad
- Compliance iceberg awaits Facebook @Work
- Reporting Office 365
- Introducing the hybrid add-on
- Still using Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server? Make your move soon!
- Microsoft Outlines New Office 2016 and Office for Windows 10 Products To Come
- The next chapter of Office on Windows
- Microsoft Buys Equivio To Bolster Office 365 E-Discovery
- New Features in the Netlogon Parser (v1.1.4) for Message Analyzer
- Recommendations For Exchange ActiveSync Organisation Settings
- The Mystery of Calendar Permissions explained…
- One Liner – See Number Of Connected Users, Endpoints On A Lync Front End Server
- Ask The Perf Guy: New Exchange 2013 Performance Guidance Available On TechNet
- Sending a message with voting buttons using EWS
- Planning and Migrating a Small Organization from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013 (Part 19)
- Exchange Server 2013 Backup and Restore 101 – Disabled mailboxes (Part 5)
- Defining the default View applied to new folders
- Prevent duplicate Sent Items when using Gmail
- Outlook 2010 MAPI over HTTPS Support
- Beware Installing .NET 4.5.2 Update on Exchange Servers
- Office 365: Large item migration limits did not apply…
The January version of the New Office Visio Stencil was recently made available to download.
These stencils contain more than 300 icons to help you create visual representations of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Office 365 deployments including Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft Lync Server 2013, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. The zip file now includes both stencil sets from 2012 and 2014.
Creating visual representations of your Microsoft Office and Office 365 architectures, including Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync is a helpful way to communicate your deployment. These Visio stencils provide more than 300 icons — many depicting servers, server roles, services and applications — that you can use in architecture diagrams, charts, and posters. These icons are primarily centered around deployments of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft Lync Server 2013, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 as well as hybrid Office 365 deployments of aforementioned technologies.
The zip file now includes both stencil sets from 2012 and 2014.
- Control needed as Office Delve introduces even more potential for confusion
- Microsoft Changing Mailbox Restore Method for Exchange Online
- Microsoft is primed for a comeback in 2015
- Does 2015 signal an Exchange in the cloud movement?
- Good week for Exchange on-premises customers as Microsoft makes some important updates
- What’s new: December 2014
- OneDrive Sync Changes Coming with Windows 10
- A better way to recover a mailbox
- End of Exchange 2010 Mainstream Support
- Office 365 APIs and Python Part 3: Mail and Calendar API
- PowerShell Script to Remove Mailbox Folder Permissions
- Office 365 Exchange Online Message Size Onboarding Limit Increased to 150mb
- How to Permanently Remove Deleted Users from Office 365
- Office 365 ProvisioningFailedException: Failed to Update One of the Recipient Properties
- Exchange Server 2010 Reaches the End of Mainstream Support
- OWA Forms Based Auth Logoff Changes in Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 8 – And Good News for TMG Customers
- Outlook for Mac for Office 365 Database
- Deploying an Exchange 2013 Hybrid Lab Environment in Windows Azure (Part 19)
- Managing Exchange Online using Server 2012 R2 Essentials Experience Role (Part 5)
- Quickly delete old Newsletters and RSS feed items
- Creating clickable buttons in emails
- Using the Exchange 2013 cmdlet extension agent to populate mailbox settings
- Mark your Microsoft calendars for 2015
- Exchange administrative tools and Active Directory: Not as close as they once were
- Multi-Forest Migrations to Exchange Online
- Azure Active Directory for the Old-School AD Admin
- Announcing Deduplication of DPM Storage
- The Office for Android tablet preview expands
- Introducing boards in Office Delve—a new way to organize and share work
- Microsoft Expands Office for Android Tablet Previews
- Microsoft Adds ‘Boards’ Content Tagging Tool for Office 365 Users
- Microsoft Adds Deduplication to Data Protection Manager
- Microsoft Previews Azure Key Vault Service
- Guides for OAuth2 with Azure for Office 365 apps
- Office 365 APIs and Python Part 1: OAuth2
- Office 365 APIs and Python Part 2: Contacts API
- How to Remove an SSL Certificate from Exchange Server 2013
- Concerning Trends Discovered During Several Critical Escalations
- Using an Azure VM as a DAG Witness Server
- Accessing the Clutter Folder with EWS in Office365\Exchange Online
- Planning and Migrating a Small Organization from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013 (Part 18)
- Exchange Server 2013 Backup and Restore 101 – Disabled mailboxes (Part 4)
- Week numbers in the Calendar are wrong
- Latest Office 365 SLA results prove robust performance
- Behind the scenes with the Managed Folder Assistant
- The world of Exchange in 2014 and what’s likely in 2015
- What’s changed in the fifteen years since Exchange 2000 shipped
- Tip o’ the Week #259 – Manage your Christmas Cards in Outlook
- Exchange Unwashed Digest – December 2014
- Save The Date – End Of Forefront Protection 2010 For Exchange — T Minus 12 Months
- Improved Outlook 2013 Scheduling Assistant functionality when forwarding meetings
- (Re)configuring IM Integration
- Most Popular Blog Posts For 2014
- Changing circumstances make it difficult to measure adoption rate for Exchange 2013
- Exchange Exposed #2: A Look Back, a Look Forward
- Does anyone care that the Exchange 2013 Edge Transport server role came back?
- Simplifying sending e-mail “As” another mailbox
- Selecting the right compliance framework to use with Exchange
- The confusion around Yammer and Office 365 Groups
- Pulling together the pieces for a move to Office 365
- Exchange Online increases eDiscovery mailbox limit and boasts better performance too
- Simplified workflow to configure backup to Azure from DPM
- How to Configure S/MIME in Office 365
- Garage Series: Bringing Data Loss Prevention to SharePoint and first look at new Office 365 Message Encryption Viewers for iOS and Android
- Microsoft Fixes Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
- Microsoft Issues Broad Public Preview of Its Sway Office App
- Microsoft Adds Yammer Enterprise to Office 365 Enterprise K1 Plan
- PowerShell Script To Get Exchange 2010 Active CAS Connections
- Microsoft Fights Irish Email Warrant
- New sample: accessing OneDrive from a mail app
- Exchange Server 2013 High Availability Q&A Recording Now Available
- Azure AD Connect: One simple, fast, lightweight tool to connect Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- GALSync on a budget
- Office 365 Message Encryption (Part 2)
- Managing Exchange Online using Server 2012 R2 Essentials Experience Role (Part 4)
- How often do I need to use AutoArchive?
- Hiding recipients with distribution lists
- Slides available from last event : Office 365 & Azure What’s new
- New-MoveRequest generating duplicate system mailbox folders
- Changes to SSL Certificates
- Eight Email Faux Pas That Need to Die
Microsoft recently released a Cumulative Update (CU) for Exchange 2013 and Update Rollups (UR) for Exchange 2007 and 2010.
At this time you probably heard that UR 8 for Exchange 2010 had to be pulled up, but it has been re-released, so the discovered problems should be fixed now.
- Cumulative Update 7 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB2986485)
Cumulative Update 7 for Exchange Server 2013 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2013 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2013 customers.
- Update Rollup 8 v2 For Exchange 2010 SP3 (KB2986475)
Update Rollup 8 v2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU7 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2986475.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2010 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2010 RTM , Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
- Update Rollup 15 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (KB2996150)
Update Rollup 15 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP3 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2996150.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM , Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
Microsoft has recently released the December updates for the Outlook 2007/2010/2013 Junk E-mail Filter.
“This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail.”
The update is available for Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 (32-bit, 64-bit) and Outlook 2013 (32-bit, 64-bit) or you can use Microsoft Update. As usual the update comes with the corresponding Knowledge Base article:
- Software magic behind Office 365 Groups document libraries
- Microsoft Pulls Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update
- Microsoft pulls Exchange 2010 update
- Exchange 2010 SP3 RU8 withdrawn due to bug in MAPI RPC layer (V2 now available)
- Making December’s Patch Tuesday Releases Meaningful
- Microsoft releases long-awaited Exchange 2013 CU7
- Exchange 2013 CU7 debuts along with security fixes and updates for Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2007
- Microsoft’s Office 365 migration services concern IT pros
- Here’s who will be speaking at Microsoft’s upcoming Ignite conference and what it’s about
- Delayed Exchange Patch Dusted Off for the Last Patch Tuesday of 2014
- Microsoft Enables Lync-to-Skype Video Calling
- Automating data collection with Powershell
- Outlook 2010 gets MAPI/http support
- Hybrid Mailbox Move Fails with Mismatched Archive GUID Error
- Completing Individual Move Requests from a Migration Batch
- Exchange releases: December 2014
- Dumping out the MailTips for all the recipients using EWS and Powershell
- Recovering Active Directory From Total Lost Disaster Recovery Basic Steps.
- Planning and Migrating a Small Organization from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013 (Part 17)
- Exchange Server 2013 Backup and Restore 101 – Disabled mailboxes (Part 3)
- Backing up and Restoring Quick Steps
- Create a striking subject with symbol characters
- A brief history of Exchange Time Management