Filed under: Downloads
The Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition is out of Beta and is now available to download from the Microsoft Download Center.
To take advantage of the latest innovations that Exchange 2007 has to offer, Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition uses Exchange Web Services to communicate with Exchange Server. In this update, Entourage uses Exchange Web Services to provide several calendaring improvements. The update includes support for notes, tasks, and category synchronization with the Exchange Server.
Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition uses Exchange Web Services as the primary protocol to communicate with Exchange Server. In addition to several calendaring improvements, this new version of Entourage synchronizes notes, tasks, and categories with Exchange Server. This update also enables logging that can be used for diagnostic purposes. For detailed information about this update, see the IT Pros section of the Microsoft Web site.
Applies to: Office 2008, Entourage 2008, Office 2008 Special Media Edition.
To install this update
Caution If you want to go back to the earlier version of Entourage after you install Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition, you have to remove the complete Office 2008 application.
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to put the Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition Update on your desktop, and then double-click the Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition Update to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition Update window, follow the instructions on the screen to start the installation process.
Note You cannot run Entourage 2008 for Mac and Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition, on the same computer. Also, during the installation process, your Entourage 2008 identity is not imported or upgraded automatically for use with Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition. You must import from the existing identity. When you first launch the new version of Entourage, you will have the option to import your existing Entourage 2008 identity. For detailed information about this update, see the IT Pros section of the Microsoft Web site.
To remove this update
Quit all applications before you run Remove Office. Also, you must have administrative credentials on the computer to remove Office.
- Open/username/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools/Remove Office/, and then double-click Remove Office.
- Follow the instructions to remove Office.
- On the Finder menu, click Empty Trash.
If you want to reinstall an earlier version of Office 2008 for Mac, you have to reinstall the complete Office 2008 suite from the Office 2008 for Mac disk. You will also have to import your Entourage 2008 identity from the archived Entourage 2008 database. You cannot use your Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition identity with the earlier version of Office 2008 for Mac.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>