The September 2011 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
- SharePoint Online : Get Started with SharePoint Online
By Joshua Hoffman
SharePoint brings its collaboration capabilities to the cloud, which should simplify deployment and management.
- SharePoint Online: An Overview for Enterprise IT Professionals
SharePoint Online makes all the collaboration, content sharing and communication capabilities of SharePoint available through the cloud.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2: Understand the RD Connection Broker
By Kristin Griffin
The RD Connection Broker is the travel agent, traffic cop, concierge and matchmaker when it comes to matching virtual machine requests with users.
- Cloud Computing: Testing the Cloud
By Daniel Joseph Barry
Among the many factors to consider when contemplating a move to cloud-based services is the ability of your potential provider to test and monitor its services.
- Virtualization: Build an IT Lab for Virtual Machines
By Thomas Vater and Andreas Rynes
Do you have a demand for testing hardware to support new projects and updates? A virtual test lab could fit the bill.
- Windows PowerShell: The Advanced Function Lifecycle
By Don Jones
The advanced functions of Windows PowerShell—called Script cmdlets—can be somewhat confusing, but here’s a way to direct their setup and cleanup functions.
- Geek of All Trades: The Curiosity that Killed the App
By Greg Shields
There are plenty of free tools out there that help you control your infrastructure, so why aren’t you using them?
- Windows Confidential: No Limits … Sort Of
By Raymond Chen
What’s the maximum number of files an Explorer directory can handle? There’s no hard limit—it’s just a matter of patience.
- SQL Q&A: The Lore of Logs
By Paul S. Randal
Transaction logs are an essential component of any instance of SQL Server. Properly and efficiently managing them is equally essential.