Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 is now available to download.
Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2608646.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB976573 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB976573)
- KB979611 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB979611)
- KB981401 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB981401)
- KB982639 Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB982639)
Update for Outlook Junk E-mail Filter – October 2011
Microsoft has recently released the October updates for the Outlook 2003/2007 Junk E-mail Filter.
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
The update is available for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 (no Outlook 2010 this month) or you can use Microsoft Update. As usual the update comes with the corresponding Knowledge Base article:
Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator v17.8
Ross Smith IV announced at the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog that the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator has been updated to version 17.8.
According to the Updates Tracking page, here’s the list of changes:
Version 17.8 Updates
- Fixed the “Recommended databases per DAG” calculation formula to take into account symmetrical design multiples when the “Calculated Number of Databases for Symmetrical Distribution” is greater than the maximum of databases that can be deployed within the DAG.
- Fixed the validation check for when you select more database copies than available servers. As a result, when this scenario is presented, the calculator will no longer provide results.
- Fixed "Calculated Number of Supported Databases / DAG" formula to round down to nearest whole number.
- Fixed distribution calculation to allow more copies and servers.
- Fixed "RAID Storage Architecture / SDC Server" to show the optimal RAID configuration for the SDC servers as opposed to the PDC servers.
- Fixed formula issue for number of databases in the environment for standalone scenarios.
- Added RAID-6 types 4+2 and 8+2.
- Added 10, 20, and 40 processor core options.
- Added 3TB disk capacity.
- Script changes:
- Removed option to remove first database
- Revised Diskpart script to format using 64K unit size
To get the detailed instructions on how to use it, read Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator.
To download the tool itself, click here.