The Microsoft Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.0 was recently made available to download.
According to a post at the Microsoft Exchange Team blog, here are the new features:
- Automatic downloading of new detection rules – As we create new rules to detect issues or to collect additional information about your Outlook profile, we will post a new updated rule file to the Internet. With the default OCAT version 2 configuration, OCAT will automatically check for a new rule file and prompt you to update OCAT if a new file is found.
- Automatic downloading of OCAT installation files – As we update and fix the core OCAT application, we will post a new Windows Installer package file (.Msi) to the Internet. With the default OCAT version 2 configuration, OCAT will automatically check for a new installer file and prompt you to update OCAT if a new file is found.
- Addition of the CalCheck tool – The Calendar Checking Tool (CalCheck) for Outlook is a command-line program that checks Outlook Calendars for problems. This tool is now included in OCAT to scan for and report on any known problems with items on your primary Calendar.
- Addition of new detection rules – To greatly enhance the list of known issues detected by OCAT, approximately 75 new rules were added to OCAT version 2.
- Improved support for Outlook 2003 – OCAT v1 supported Outlook 2003 using offline scans, however, most people did not realize it because of the error shown when you tried to run an Online scan.
- Command-line version of OCATcmd.exe – OCAT version 2 includes a command-line version of OCAT (OCATcmd.exe) that administrators can use to scan computers in their organization. Please see the OCAT v2 Supplemental Information Download.docx file for details on how to use the command-line version of OCAT.
The Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.0 (OCAT ) provides a quick and easy method to analyze your Microsoft Office Outlook profile and mailbox for common configurations that may cause problems in Outlook. This can be very useful for busy Help Desk personnel when end-users call for help with Outlook or when you want to identify possible issues with Outlook proactively.
The Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.0 provides a detailed report of your current Outlook profile and mailbox. This report includes many parameters about your profile, and it highlights any known problems that are found in your profile or mailbox. For any problems that are listed in the report, you are provided a link to a Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article that describes a possible fix for the problem. If you are a Help Desk professional, you can also export the report to a file. Then, the report can be viewed in the Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool on another client computer where the tool is installed. The Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.0 also includes a command-line version that can be used to collect an OCAT scan without user intervention.
Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
This download works with the following Microsoft Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (Offline Scans only)
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (32-bit or 64-bit)
The following minimum version of the Microsoft .NET Framework is required:
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
The .NET Programmability Support feature included with Office must also be installed.