The September 2012 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
- SharePoint 2013: In with the New
By Stephen Wilson
Start planning now and you’ll be ready to take the greatest advantage of what’s new in SharePoint 2013 when it arrives.
- Cloud Computing: Build the Next-Generation Cloud Solutions
By Niten Malik
The efforts to build sophisticated cloud solutions to serve specialized needs are often complicated by inflexible workflows.
- Windows 7: Troubleshooting Connections
By William R. Stanek
This simple networking connectivity troubleshooting exercise can help you think more broadly the next time you encounter a similar issue.
- Microsoft Office 2010: Manage Microsoft Office with Group Policy
By Brien Posey
You can use a variety of Group Policy settings to help you centrally manage and configure the entire Microsoft Office product family.
- SQL Server: Minimize Disk I/O
By Glenn Berry , Louis Davidson , and Tim Ford
Query tuning and indexing is an effective way to reduce physical and logical disk I/O.
- SQL Server 2012: Better Business Intelligence
By Stephen Strong
Pre-configured Reference Architectures give you a tested roadmap for configuring SQL Server to manage business intelligence workloads.
- Virtualization: Virtual Desktops Done Your Way
By Jorge Orchilles
You have many options for deploying a virtual infrastructure running Windows 7, depending on your needs and environment.
- IT Management: The DIY Culture of IT
By Romi Mahajan
Other business functions can learn a thing or two from the do-it-yourself culture of the IT profession.
- Utility Spotlight: Scan for Malware Outside of Windows
By Lance Whitney
The Microsoft Windows Defender Offline tool scans a PC before Windows loads via a bootable CD or USB drive.
- Windows Confidential: In Triplicate, Please?
By Raymond Chen
It’s simply not possible to write a formal document detailing every possible action, whether it’s a good idea or not.
- Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals
By Greg Steen
Streamline your enterprise-wise backup and recovery operations and your command prompt dashboards with this month’s tools.
- Windows PowerShell: Sometimes, Text Is Best
By Don Jones
You don’t have to overthink the problem when you can use Windows PowerShell to get things done quickly and easily.
- SQL Q&A: Speed and Size Matter
By Paul S. Randal
The relative speed of SQL Server queries and the size of data files and transaction logs seem to be primary performance factors.
- Geek of All Trades: Office 365 SSO: A Simplified Installation Guide
By Greg Shields
Installing, configuring and activating single sign-on within Office 365 is a lengthy but worthwhile process.