Filed under: Cool Reading
The January 2013 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
- Lync Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2013: Powerful communicator
By Alan Maddison
By integrating Lync Server and Exchange Server, Microsoft will have a powerful communications platform greater than the sum of its parts.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: Backup with Windows Server Backup
By Jaap Wesselius
Using Windows Server Backup to create backup files for Exchange is a good approach, but will require some special configuration.
- IT Management: The dignity of IT
By Romi Mahajan
Reclaiming the dignity of the IT profession is essential to maintaining a culture of innovation and productivity.
- Windows 8: Come alive with tiles
By Ryan Haveson
The data-driven architecture of Windows 8 helps you run numerous apps at once while maintaining performance and battery life.
- Windows 7: Deployment tools
By Jorge Orchilles
There are a handful of tools that can help streamline the process of deploying Windows 7 across the enterprise.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager: Virtual machine management simplified
By Brien M. Posey
System Center Virtual Machine Manager streamlines managing and configuring your virtual machines and hosts.
- IT Management: Drilling for data
By Rob Sobers
Big data is poised to overwhelm the capabilities of modern business to analyze and manage, but there are both challenges and opportunities.
- SharePoint 2010: Prepare your team
By Steve Wright, and Corey Erkes
Selecting and creating the proper development team structure is critical for successful SharePoint solution development.
- Utility Spotlight: Zoom in and out with ease
By Lance Whitney
ZoomIt lets you zoom in and out and make annotations on-screen to better control technical presentations.
- Windows Confidential: Rationale is highly overrated
By Raymond Chen
If you encounter something puzzling with a product, make the productive choice in how you respond.
- Toolbox: New products for IT professionals
By Greg Steen
This month’s tools help you troubleshoot Web services, centrally manage automated tasks and elevate remote host signal testing.
- Windows PowerShell: What is Windows PowerShell Workflow?
By Don Jones
Using a Windows PowerShell workflow can be a complex process, but ultimately worthwhile in the functionality it provides.
- SQL Q&A: In search of performance
By Paul S. Randal
Reducing workload and smoothing mirroring functions is always a good idea—but shrinking databases is not.
- Geek of All Trades: Automate the wizard
By Greg Shields
You can automate the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Windows Deployment Wizard and save yourself considerable time and effort.