Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in for Outlook v2.0
Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook v2.0 was recently made available to download. This add-in is available for Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
The Junk E-mail Reporting Tool lets you directly report junk e-mail to Microsoft and its affiliates for analysis to help us improve the effectiveness of our junk e-mail filtering technologies.
The Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the Report Junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its affiliates. When you click “Yes” to confirm that you’d like to report the selected e-mail as junk e-mail, the junk e-mail will be sent to Microsoft for analysis to help us improve the effectiveness of our junk e-mail filtering technologies. Click here to view the privacy statement.
Update Rollups for Exchange 2007 and 2010
Microsoft recently released the latest Update Rollups for Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010:
- Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (KB2788321) – Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP3 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2788321.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM , Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
- Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (KB2746164) - Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2746164.
Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Unless you’ve been totally disconnected from the World during the last couple of weeks (like me), this is far from being fresh news. Nevertheless, and for future reference, here’s the recently announced Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3 helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications.
- Flexible and reliable – Exchange Server 2010 SP3 gives you the flexibility to tailor your deployment based on your company’s unique needs and a simplified way to keep e-mail continuously available for your users.
- Anywhere access – Exchange Server 2010 SP3 helps your users get more done by giving them the freedom to securely access all their communications – e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, and more – from virtually any platform, Web browser, or device.
- Protection and compliance – Exchange Server 2010 SP3 delivers integrated information loss prevention, and compliance tools aimed at helping you simplify the process of protecting your company’s communications and meeting regulatory requirements.
You must accept the license terms for the software before you are authorized to use it. There is no product support for the trial edition of the software. You are welcome to participate in the forums to share your trial experiences with others and to ask for advice.
Supported operating systems: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2012
Exchange Server 2010 SP3 System Requirements and Prerequisites
For information about Exchange 2010 system requirements and prerequisites, see the following topics:
Actual requirements will vary based on system configuration and specific features installed. For more detailed system requirements, please refer to the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library. For a list of Windows Server 2008 requirements, visit http://technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2008.
- Exchange Server 2010 SP3 UM Language Packs – These downloads contain pre-recorded prompts, grammar files, text to speech data, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) files, and Voice Mail Preview capabilities for a specific language that is supported by Exchange 2010 SP3 Unified Messaging (UM). Warning: This UM language pack must only be installed as an add-in to Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Unified Messaging.
Update for Outlook Junk E-mail Filter – February 2013
Microsoft has recently released the February updates for the Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013 Junk E-mail Filter.
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
The update is available for Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 (32-bit, 64-bit) and Outlook 2013 (32-bit, 64-bit) or you can use Microsoft Update. As usual the update comes with the corresponding Knowledge Base article: