Don’t miss the latest TechNet Radio show: Exchange Ideas – Exchange 2013 Upgrade & Coexistence
Ann Vu and Brian Day are your hosts for today’s Exchange Ideas episode and in this installment they discuss how to upgrade to Exchange Server 2013. Tune in as they walk you through some simple steps to help transition you from Exchange 2007 or 2010 as well as how to manage your environments after everything is set up.
Following last week’s post about Exchange 2007/2010 Public Folders Migration to O365 Scripts, Microsoft released recently another set of useful scripts: Microsoft Exchange 2013 Site Mailbox Directory Sync Support Scripts.
Site Mailbox Directory Sync Support Scripts enable synchronizing site mailbox objects from Office 365 cloud into on-premise Active Directory to support access for on-premise users.
Site Mailbox Directory Sync Support Scripts are used to support on-premise users accessing Office 365 site mailboxes. It pulls any changes to the site mailbox objects including property changes, permissions etc. from Office 365 and merges them into the on-premise Active Directory.
Microsoft recently release the necessary support scripts to migrate Exchange 2007/2010 Public Folders to Office 365.
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 Public Folders Migration Scripts – Use these scripts to migrate public folders from Exchange 2010 or 2007 to Exchange 2013. In order to migrate Exchange 2010 or 2007 Public Folders to Exchange 2013 on O365, we need to analyze the existing Public Folder hierarchy for size to figure out the number of Public Folder mailboxes that are required on O365 and the distribution of folders across mailboxes.
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 Public Folders Directory Sync Support Scripts – Use this scripts if you need to do one of the following – – Initial creation of mail enabled public folder objects in the destination Active Directory for public folder migration from Exchange 2007 or 2010 to Exchange 2013 – Synchronization of mail enabled public folder objects from cloud to on-premise Active Directory – Synchronization of mail enabled public folder objects from on-premise to cloud Active Directory – Synchronization of public folder mailbox objects from cloud to on-premise Active Directory.
Microsoft has recently released the April updates for the Outlook 2003/2007/2010 Junk E-mail Filter.
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
The update is available for Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (32-bit, 64-bit) or you can use Microsoft Update. As usual the update comes with the corresponding Knowledge Base article:
The April 2013 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
The long awaited Cumulative update 1 for Exchange Server 2013 is finally available to download. From now on there’s no excuse for not upgrading Exchange Server 2010 to 2013.
Cumulative Update 1 for Exchange Server 2013 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2013 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2013 customers.
New Functionality Included in Cumulative Update 1
- Address Book Policies
- Groups can once again manage groups
- Public Folder Favorites Access through Outlook Web App
- Exchange Admin Center Enhancements
- High Availability and Monitoring Enhancements