Filed under: Cool Reading
The June 2013 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
- Windows Azure: Authenticate Windows Azure with ADFS
By Tom Jones, and Dan Griffin
The demand for anytime and anywhere access to corporate data requires multiple levels of remote authentication.
- Windows 7: Manage devices and drivers
By Jorge Orchilles
Windows 7 allows for simplifief installation of external hardware devices and the drivers to support them.
- Software leadership: Do things the hard way
By Ryan Haveson
Effecting change can be one of the greatest challenges you’ll face as a team leader, but the results can be worth the effort.
- Cloud Computing: Privacy, confidentiality and the cloud
By Vic (J.R.) Winkler
There are a handful of both old and new concerns to address when moving, storing and accessing data through cloud services.
- Windows Server 2012: Manage your RDS with RDMS
By Kristin Griffin, and Freek Berson
There are many different settings and configurations, but you can manage your VDI environment much more directly with Windows Server 2012.
- Virtualization: What’s new with Hyper-V
By Paul Schnackenburg
Some of the major improvements to Windows Server 2012 are focused around Hyper-V. Here’s a deep look at some of the enhancements.
- IT Management: For whom the bell tolls
By Romi Mahajan
With apologies to Ernest Hemingway, you can’t wait for others when it comes to asserting the value of IT. It’s up to you.
- IIS 8: Get started with IIS
By Jason Helmick
Create a new Web server and a default site for configuration testing.
- Utility Spotlight: Install apps from ISO files
By Lance Whitney
The Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel lets you mount an ISO file from which you can easily install that file’s application.
- Windows Confidential: Retire the rubber stamp
By Raymond Chen
An important aspect of intelligent product development is realizing a step in the process might not be necessary.
- Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals
By Greg Steen
The tools this month help you with remote administration, password and data packet analysis, and consolidating Windows desktop- and server-management tools.
- Windows PowerShell: Common parameters and runtime variables
By Don Jones
Each month this year, Don Jones will present an installment in a 12-part tutorial on Windows PowerShell Workflow. We encourage you to read through the series in order, beginning with the January 2013 column.
- Exchange Queue & A: Handling hybrid environments
By Henrik Walther
Configuring Exchange hybrid deployments with Office 365-related functionality can be confusing at best, but it’s worth the effort.
- Geek of All Trades: Scale out with templates
By Greg Shields
You can create System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager service templates to deploy and manage remote desktop services with scale out.