Log Name: ApplicationSource: MSExchange ADAccessDate: 9/26/2010 9:12:29 AMEvent ID: 2937Task Category: ValidationLevel: WarningKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: EX1.companyabc.comDescription:Process w3wp.exe () (PID=1960). Object [CN=Jeff Guillet,CN=Users,DC=companyabc,DC=com]. Property [HomeMTA] is set to value [companyabc.com/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Microsoft MTADEL:0a05fe00-f8ce-4016-bba8-dce98cfe6b93], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.
The process in the event varies, but I’ve seen:
- ExSetupUI.exe (when installing Exchange)
- MSExchangeMailboxAssistants.exe (when moving a mailbox)
- powershell.exe (when a user launches the Exchange 2010 management tools)
- w3wp.exe (when the user accesses OWA)
Get-Mailbox jeff | Update-RecipientOr for all user mailboxes use:
Get-Mailbox | Update-RecipientTo correct the arbitration mailboxes use:
Get-Mailbox -Arbitration | Update-RecipientThese commands will update the user’s homeMTA value to the correct value.
I’ve also seen this warning for the Edge Transport routing group property, as shown below.
Log Name: ApplicationTo correct this error:
Source: MSExchange ADAccess
Date: 7/12/2010 8:52:23 AM
Event ID: 2937
Task Category: Validation
Process edgetransport.exe () (PID=3500). Object [Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)]. Property [RoutingMasterDN] is set to value [mailgate
DEL:b2bbdba9-71e4-46ff-a50b-fbea9a6c4534], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.
- Open ADSIEdit and navigate to CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=companyabc,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyabc,DC=com.
- Right-click the Edge Transport server and copy the distinguishedName value.
- Navigate to CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=companyabc,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyabc,DC=com and open its properties
- Paste the copied DN value to the msExchangeRoutingMasterDN attribute