As I posted earlier
, Microsoft released the Lync Server 2010 Web Scheduler
today. It provides a Web-based online Lync meeting scheduling and management experience for Lync Server 2010.
By default, the Web Scheduler requires that users enter their domain and user name along with their password to login, as shown below:
To configure the Web Scheduler with a default domain, so that users can sign in with only their user name, you must update files in both the Internal (Int) and External (Ext) virtual directories. Luckily the files are identical, so you usually only need to update the files in one directory and copy them to the other.
Here’s how to do it:
- Install the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Web Scheduler.
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Web Components\Web Scheduler\Int\Scripts folder.
- Edit the WebTicketManager.js file with Notepad or your favorite editor.
- Go to line 143 and insert the following line:
userName+=”domain.com“ where domain.com is the FQDN for your internal domain.
- Now prepend “//” to lines 144 and 145 to remark them, as shown below:
Save the file.
If your internal domain name matches your external domain name, copy WebTicketManager.js to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Web Components\Web Scheduler\Int\Scripts folder. Otherwise, perform the same edit on the the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Web Components\Web Scheduler\Ext\Scripts folder.
These edits will append @domain.com to the user name entered, unless the user entered a specific domain as either domain\username or firstname.lastname@example.org on the logon page.
Now we need to edit the Web Scheduler logon page to reflect the change:
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Web Components\Web Scheduler\Int\UserControls folder.
- Edit the LoginControl.ascx file with Notepad or your favorite editor.
- Edit line 28 to read “User Name:“, rather than “Domain\user name:”, as shown below:
Now all you need to do is try it out!