Lync Web Scheduler is a resource kit tool for Microsoft Lync Server 2010. It provides a Web-based alternative to the add-in for the Microsoft Office Outlook messaging and collaboration client for the purpose of scheduling a meeting using Lync Server 2010. It also provides a browser-based conference management experience that includes operations such as the following:
- Scheduling a new online Lync meeting.
- Listing all existing Lync Server 2010 meetings that the user has organized.
- Viewing and modifying details of an existing meeting.
- Deleting an existing meeting.
- Sending an email invitation to meeting participants by using a configured SMTP mail server.
- Joining an existing conference.
Compared to the Conferencing Add-In for Microsoft Outlook, Lync Web Scheduler has the following limitations:
- Lync Web Scheduler does not support scheduling recurring meetings.
- Lync Web Scheduler lists only meetings that were organized by the user. It does not list all meetings that the user is invited to. Further, meetings created using some other tool will not be editable using Lync Web Scheduler.
- Lync Web Scheduler is available only in English.
- Meeting invitations that are generated by Lync Web Scheduler do not look exactly the same as those that are generated by the Conferencing Add-In for Outlook.
- Lync Web Scheduler doesn’t interact with the calendaring server. Calendar updates happen only via email invitations.
Lync Web Scheduler is an ASP.NET application, which must be installed on the same Internet Information Services (IIS) Web server on which Lync Server Web Components are installed.