Whenever you launch the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Control Panel you are prompted for credentials, even if you select the check box to “Remember my credentials”.
You can easily make Lync Control Panel remember your username and password by adding the Lync Server pool FQDN to your Local Intranet site. Here’s how:
- Make note of the Lync Server pool FQDN listed in the Windows Security dialog box (in the example above, LYNC1.theguillets.com).
- Open Internet Explorer and go to https:\\<Lync Server FQDN>. You’ll probably get a “HTTP Error 403.14 – Forbidden” page — don’t worry about that.
- Click Tools | Internet Options in IE.
- On the Security tab, click Local intranet and then the Sites button.
- Click Advanced on the Local Intranet dialog box.
- Add the Lync Server FQDN to Local intranet, as shown below:
- Click Close and OK twice. Then close Internet Explorer.
Now Lync Control Panel will use the credentials of the logged on user, using Windows Authentication. If you want to logoff and use another set of credentials, click “Sign Out” in Lync Control Panel and then “Sign in as a different user”.