Today Microsoft announced the availability of the Office Professional Plus 2013 Preview. This release enables business users to do self-service Business Intelligence directly in Excel and enables IT organizations to support their users through scalability, governance and compliance provided by SQL Server and SharePoint.
This public preview also includes preview downloads for SharePoint 2013 and SQL 2012 CTP3.
Excel 2013 Preview enables self-service BI as a natural part of user’s day-to-day activities with PowerPivot for data mash ups, Power View for stunning interactive data visualization and Data Models powered by xVelocity in-Memory technologies for extreme analytical performance and scale on hundreds of millions of rows of data all directly in Excel. SharePoint Server 2013 Preview significantly improves governance and compliance over the self-service BI assets with SQL Server 2012 SP1 CTP3 required for server side compatibility.
New for BI in Excel 2013, SharePoint 2013 and SQL Server 2012 SP1
Empower all users to gain breakthrough insights as a natural part of their day-to-day activities using PowerPivot and Power View, now in Excel
· Analyze data ranging from a few rows to hundreds of millions of rows with extreme analytical performance on your desktop using Excel data models powered by xVelocity in-memory analytics engine
· Speed up analysis in Excel by using Quick Analysis to preview and apply conditional formatting, suggest and create charts, PivotTables, and tables; by using Quick Explore to easily navigate multidimensional and tabular data models and create Trend charts to analyze information over time
· Quickly clean and shape up data in Excel via intelligent pattern recognition and smart auto-complete with Flash Fill.
· Empower users of all levels to access, mash-up and analyze data from virtually any source and rapidly create compelling analytical applications with PowerPivot, now in Excel.
· Provide stunning data visualization to discover new insights with a highly interactive and familiar data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience for users of all levels with Power View, now in Excel
· Easily share and collaborate on self-service BI solutions within your organization with SharePoint Server
User created, IT managed – Enable enterprise grade IT governance for your BI solutions via SQL Server and SharePoint
· Improve governance and compliance and easily track your business critical Excel assets by enabling
· Discovery and assessment of user-created spreadsheets with SharePoint 2013.
· Comparing spreadsheets, tracking lineage, conducting interactive diagnostics and creating spreadsheet analysis reports with Inquire in Excel