Because SCCM 2007 was written before Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 we’re available, the latest server collection is for All Windows Server 2003 Systems. This article explains how to create new collections for All Windows Server 2008 Systems and All Windows Server 2008 R2 Systems.
Let’s get started by creating the All Windows Server 2008 Systems collection.
- Launch the SCCM 2007 Configuration Manager Console
- Navigate to Site Database > Computer Management > Collections
The value for Windows Server 2008 R2 servers is %server%6.1%.
The value for Windows 7 workstations is %workstation%6.1%.
- Click OK to close the Criterion Properties window:
- Click OK to close the All Windows Server 2008 Systems Statement Properties window, then click Next.
- Click Close to create the new collection:
- Finally, click Update the Collection Membership in the Actions pane in the Configuration Manager Console, and then click Refresh.