MSDN launch of the new Windows Vista Developer Center at http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista.
Windows Vista Beta 1 codename “longhorn” now is available for MSDN subscriptions and beta testers. Are you ready for the next big think?
If you create a Web Project but not in the IIS, that is to say, in the file system, at the time of execute the application can give the following error: HTTP ERROR 403 – Forbidden.
In order to solve this you must go on the project right-click and select property Pages, in the property Pages select start options, and finally in the Server section uncheck NTLM Authentication.
For more information Visit: http://weblogs.asp.net/shankun/archive/2004/08/16/215487.aspx
The Login control provides the user interface to log a user into a web site. The Login control uses the Membership Service to authenticate the user in your membership system. The default Membership service from your configuration file will be used automatically, however you can also set the Membership provider that you would like used as a property on the control. The Login Control consists of:
- Username Label and Textbox: Collects the string used to identify the user in the membership system.
- Password Label and Textbox: Collects the password for the specified user. The textbox text is always obscured.
- LoginButton: The button to submit the users request for authentication.
- RememberMe: Configurable to display a checkbox giving the user the option to store a persistent cookie on the users machine.
- Title and Instruction: Text to orient and guide the user through the process.
- Links: Configurable links to help, password recovery and user registration information.
- Validators: Required field validators for the username and password textboxes.
ASP.NET 2.0 now includes built-in support for membership (user name/password credential storage) and role management services out of the box. Because all of these services are provider-driven, they can be easily swapped out and replaced with your own custom implementation.
With Microsoft’s new Web platform and tools you will be able to build powerful, scalable, and feature rich Web applications faster than ever before. You can register today to attend a Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 webcast and begin to explore the web development with asp.net 2.0.
For MSDN subscribers you can download the virtual machine of Visual Studio Team System BETA 2, which you can download in format ISO with a size of 2.85GB.The VPC has following products installed:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (expires September 16, 2006)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite Beta 2 (expires May 1, 2006)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Community Technology Preview
- Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Live Communication Server 2003
From the beginning of the CTPs each one of us we have wanted to often use giving them us problems, in this direction(http://channel9.msdn.com/ctpmadness/Default.aspx) you will be able to see that so compatible it is your CTP with other CTPs and Betas.
Longhorn for beta 1 your official name is Windows Vista.