As a professional in information technology sector there are always opportunities to help companies innovate and enhance the way they work. This was my experience here in Sacramento, CA. The past six months I had the opportunity to work with a large Law Enforcement Agency helping them realize new ways to communicate and collaborate through all the state in an efficient and cost effective way. The people from Sacramento where very nice to me, I only have good memories and great awesome moments with American, Saudi, Indian and of course Hispanic people.
Capitol State Building
Few comments about an Intranet solution:
- I don’t see nothing suggesting a search other that a hyperlink at the bottom of the page, today search it’s so important and valuable to support, need to see what’s the vision on that
- The resource section clearly suggest some level of functionality or dependency with other important sections of the Intranet solution, we need to make sure we understand the scope or expectation of each specific piece of data or content, the majority of the links are under construction.
- The current graphic proposal has the main page but we also need to see the layout of the content page, it’s very important to identify what information is going to be presented on each content section of the portal
- I don’t see presence of social initiatives like twitter, youtube, facebook, linked in and so on. I think that’s also very important to include on today’s web initiatives
- The main page shows a title and a brief description about a message from xyz person, so in my opinion that’s a content section that has to be dynamic and able to change over the time with important messages or information, so I don’t see no navigation icons or expanse collapse options to see the detail of the message.
The graphic design it’s engaging so that’s a strength and congratulations for xyz people, but the content is the king of any Web Content Management initiative and in my opinion so far is we have a weakness on the content.
This is just an interesting scenario I’m dealing with.
I’m pretty sure SharePoint can support a state level solution for this problem with the proper infrastructure and procedures in place, but, are you sure the business can support a change like that? Switching from one paper form and manual process to an electronic forms with automated workflow solution requires more than servers and infrastructure, it requires business support and commitment because:
- You need to define if current print copy approvals still going to be supported
- The business needs to recognize and agree that electronic signing and workflow approach will be the new way to go instead of paper signing a manual processing
- How records management and archiving will handle electronic forms if people star using this solution
- Suddenly you the need of copy printing forms will be less
This are just some questions we need to ask if we are thinking to go to Form Management solution with SharePoint platform.
Synergy has published on its official blog some sample code on how to built a SharePoint JQuery WebPart. This accordion WebPart it’s visually appealing and offers a decent option for having some dynamic UI interaction.
Synergy Online Landing Page
I decided to create a Visual Studio 2010 solution project for easelly deploy and use of this code. The following link you can find zip file.
Synergy JQuery Accordion WebPart Solution Code
Also recorded a Youtube video on how to install and use this WebPart. It’s in spanish language!
Hope it helps!
Just want to tank Microsoft Latam for a interview about SharePoint Development. It’s in Spanish and you can see it here.
Hi my name is Haaron Gonzalez. I prefer to think I am a normal guy that have passion for all I do. For other people, I am a technology consultant specializing in Microsoft SharePoint platform. I currently live in the state of Baja California in Mexico. I have 12 years of experience working as developer, trainer, consultant participating in bread range of projects of different sizes for government, manufacturing, agriculture, transport and retail sectors. Since 2004 I was recognized as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in ASP.NET technology and from 2007 until today recognized as a SharePoint Server MVP. During my career have the opportunity to present certification exams and also pass! I have MCP, MCAD, MCTS and MCT certifications.
I had the opportunity to work on several projects, one important I could mention is:
I play the acoustic guitar, love the beach and sunny sky.
I write Spanish blog since 2005 http://msmvps.com/blogs/haarongonzalez/ and also my youtube channel http://youtube.com/haarongo and today I decided to start writing in English so you can expect experiences on development, training and consulting topics.
So, welcome to my new blog!