Latest big-name, multi-million records stolen. As I’ve warned others, you have to assume that your information is out there and take the necessary precautions. Freeze your credit reports and check financial assets regularly.
Big updates from Microsoft (2 months worth). 7 Flash Updates. More and more reasons to ditch Flash!!
“In a string of attacks that have escalated over the past 48 hours, hackers are actively exploiting a critical vulnerability that allows them to take almost complete control of Web servers used by banks, government agencies, and large Internet companies.”
Just saw this. I had downloaded and installed the updates with no impact. Forgot that the Surface updates are not part of Patch Tuesday.
Part 1 –
- Added Classic Shell for Windows 10 to Articles
- Browsers, Mozilla updates Firefox, Firefox ESR and Thunderbird (many security fixes)
- Open source – critical 0-day for Apache Struts patched, Linux updates
- Microsoft Office updates
- General Security entries including WD My Cloud insecure
Part 2 –
- Classic Shell for Windows 10 – how to install it because latest Windows 10 builds block installation, and if you had it Microsoft uninstalled it with the update
- Mirai – article on the IoT botnet that is still expanding rapidly
I have also added more Windows 10 content including Creating a Windows 10 recovery Drive (you really should do this) and how to turn off Windows 10 File Explorer Advertising (you read right-Microsoft is serving up advertising in Windows 10 File Explorer)
Now avaiable via the the Surface IT Pro Blog
Microsoft strikes again!