Kim Komando shares 3 major Holiday Scams currently circulating as reported by FBI
1, Fake Gift cards (graphics seem real in email and malware/scam can occur when attempting to cash in during online purchase)
2. Child Identity Theft (criminals are increasingly targeting kids and teens for ID theft)
3. Holiday charity scams (scammers take advantage of holiday goodwill by setting up charity scams)
Kim Komando also shares 3 safety tips for email, Facebook, and website visitation:
1. Scammers use phishing schemes to steal your information – and your money. Click here to avoid losing your identity to a phishing scam.
2. Hackers can steal your personal information right from your Internet connection. Click here for one simple step to keep hackers from snooping on you.
3. Something you post on Facebook can end up in the hands of identity thieves. Click here for 3 big Facebook privacy changes you need to know about.