InstallShield 2012 released, End of Life for InstallShield 2009 announced, Upgrade Promotions available
On August 23, 2011, Flexera Software released a new version of their setup authoring product, InstallShield 2012. It includes many improvements and several significant new features. Some of the new features are only available in the Premier edition, increasing the value of this highest tier, but not its price. In general, the pricing for all editions remains unchanged, and for a limited time you can get a 20% discount when upgrading from a previous version to InstallShield 2012 or when stepping up from Express or Professional to the Premier edition.
Upgrades from end-of-life versions
Even owners of very old versions, which are no longer supported and usually not eligible for upgrade pricing, can take advantage of this special offer and upgrade to the latest version. This promotion ends October 31, 2011.
New and exclusive in InstallShield 2012 Premier
- Suite installations: A new project type to bundle multiple setups (exe, msi, msp) in a single, unified install experience with a modern UI. You can also combine 32 bit and 64 bit setups in a single package.
- Installation streaming: Only a small download is required before the end user sees the setup dialogs. The rest of the installations will be downloaded as needed.
- Installation collaboration: This add-on to develop setups in a team has been improved and requires the Premier edition. 5 licenses are already included.
New and improved in InstallShield 2012 Professional and Premier
- Improved 64 bit support: Dependency scanner, permissions for files, folders and registry keys, prerequisite for the 64 bit version of the Micrsosoft VSTO 2010 runtime.
- Application tagging: Mark your applications with a virtual “bar code” (ISO 19770-2 software identification tag) so that software management solutions can identify them.
- More functionality in merge module projects: IIS support, XML and text file changes.
- Automation interface supports setting the required execution level for setup.exe to indicate whether administrator permissions are required.
Improvements in all editions of InstallShield 2012
- New method for COM data extraction.
- Additional prerequisites: Internet Explorer 9, SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client, Windows Identity Foundation, Microsoft VSTO 2010 Runtime (x64), Microsoft Office 2010 PIA
- Additional predefined system searches: Adobe Reader 10, Internet Explorer 9, Microsoft Office 2010, 2007 and 2003
End-of-Life announcement for InstallShield 2009
Flexera Software also announced the end of life for InstallShield version 2009. Owners of this version can upgrade to the latest version only until November 30, 2011, but I’d recommend upgrading before October 31 to take advantage of the 20% discount offer.
InstallShield can be purchased from the InstallSite Shop at http://www.installsite.biz/installshield.htm
Posted in Industry News | Comments Off on InstallShield 2012 released, End of Life for InstallShield 2009 announced, Upgrade Promotions available