REGISTRATION Please click here to register
Module 02 SETTING UP THE ENVIRONMENTS starts at 10:15 AM – Sunday, June 28, 2015
Location: UNEX 107
In this lab, you will create a cloud development environment and build a cloud-hosted app. The development environment will consist of a trial subscription to Office 365 and Azure. You will create apps that use both OAuth security and the cross-domain library. You will examine the security flow to better understand the available options
- Configure Office 365 with a Developer Site and Product Catalog
- Setup Azure with Active Directory
- Understand the OAuth flow in a Provider-Hosted app
- Understand how to use the Cross-Domain Library in a Provider-Hosted app
If you would like to create the apps as we complete the walkthrough and to get the most out of your session, please don’t forget to bring your laptop
- Please watch the free, on-demand Introduction to Office 365 Development video.
- Bring your laptop or virtual machine running Windows 7 or newer
- Install Visual Studio 2013 Pro with latest updates, Office 365 Developer Tools
- And (if you haven’t) signup for an Office 365 and Azure trial tenant
- Download Microsoft Office developer tools.
- Download Visual Studio.
Here are some personal items you will need to bring to the SoCal Code Camp.
- Notebook computer
- Computer power supply
- Notebook and pen
My second session Office 365 San Diego Module:
04 – HOOK INTO OFFICE 365 APIS starts at 12:30 PM – Sunday, June 28, 2015
Location: UNEX 107
In this lab, you will build an app “Research Tracker” that allows you to define new research projects in a SharePoint list, assign an owner, and create a project statement. The development environment will consist of a trial subscription to Office 365 and Azure. Specifically SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Outlook and an Azure Web
- Learn to use Office 365 APIs in a web application
- Understand how to register web applications in Azure Active Directory
- Understand how to grant permissions to an application
- You must have an Office 365 tenant and Microsoft Azure subscription to complete this lab (we will walk you through the creation of these).
- You must have completed the lab associated with Module 02 SETTING UP THE ENVIRONMENTS
The hands-on lab includes the following exercises:
- Prepare Data Sources
- Create an MVC5 Web Application
- Configure a Single Sign-On MVC5 Web Application
You can get started today by cloning https://github.com/iasanders/DevCampTraining in Visual Studio 2013
Please stop by and check out our sponsors who help in making SoCal Code Camp available for free (also listed above)
Address: 9600 N. Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla, CA 92037
Latitude Longitude: 32.88198836404279,-117.24334180355072
COFFEE & LUNCH
In the Patio where check-in is there is Cafe Ole that has a wide variety of drinks and food. The student center may be open but most other food options are just down N Torrey Pines Road to La Jolla Village Drive then take a right on Villa la Jolla Dr and you will see many options for the next .5 mile
See ya there….