Here’s a compilation of my personal view of top 10 signs that you are a geek, in descending order.
9. You see a guy drink a pint of beer in less than 8 seconds and you are impressed by his download speed.
8. You don’t say that people are standing in a long line outside a popular night club but that they are caught in a slow serial queue. Not that you would ever find yourself in that situation since you don’t have a social life.
7. You wear a T-shirt that reads <body> on the front and </body> on the back and you don’t understand why people doesn’t find it funny.
6. You know that the answer to the riddle: “If only you and DEAD people knows HEX, how many people knows HEX?” is 57,006, and you also think that this is one of the funniest jokes you’ve ever heard. Likewise you also think that the statement “There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that know binary and those that doesn’t” is hilariously funny.
5. You think that the correct term for a buoy is a floating point.
4. You tape down two of your child’s fingers just to teach him/her to count in octo.
3. One of your most treasured belongings is your 30 year old TI-34 calculator.
2. You don’t understand why (most (apart from yourself)) people think that using nested parenthesis when they type is bad practice.
1. You tweet hateful arguments and post several blog articles about how bad your current phone carrier is just because they wouldn’t give you a phone number containing 7331 in it.
0. All your “Top 10” lists are zero-based.
So there you have it. Have fun!