It’s been a really busy month for us. This past month, EMC has released a new version of SRDF/CE, MV/CE and internally announced a new addition to the Cluster Enabler family. I don’t think it’s been publicly announced, so I’ll have to refrain from posting any details on the third item at this time.
SRDF/CE and MV/CE version 3.1 are now available for download on EMC’s Powerlink website. Here are the new features in these releases:
- Hyper-V “host clustering” support. Not really a new feature…this is more of a qualification effort to ensure that this works.
- VMware support. SRDF/CE 3.1 supports ESX 3.0.2 and 3.5 update 1 or higher.
- Re-namable sites. In 3.1, you can now customize the Site name values in the Cluster Enabler GUI.
- Thin provisioning support. 3.1 supports using thin R1/R2 devices
- CLARiiON AX4-5 array support. Support added for the Clariion AX-5 arrays running FLARE 2.23
- MirrorView/Asynchronous support. Keep in mind that MV/A only supports a max of 50 consistency groups currently
- Hyper-V “host clustering” support. Again, not really a new feature but now fully tested/qualified
- Re-namable sites. It’s not documented, but this is also new feature in MV/CE 3.1.
More details about these new features can be found in the product guides and release notes.