I have experience on getting an error after install Visual Studio 2012 on a new Win7 professional machine.

'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.EditorPackage' package did not load correctly

After getting some searching and found out that the solution is pretty simple. Removing %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ComponentModelCache and restarting VS2012 fixed the problem for me. Hope this will help if you meet the same error.

8 Responses to ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.EditorPackage’ package did not load correctly

• Johan says:

Thank you it helped me!!

• Khaled says:

• Jonathan says:

Thanks, that helped. But I had to do it twice. The first time, after removing that folder and opening VS, I got the error again. But then I removed it a second time and opened VS, and then it worked. So seems as if the second time is the charm.

• Deepthi Pathare says:

Thank you for the help !! 🙂

• It helped for me as well.
    I had the problem in Visual Studio 2013. It did not show cs-files or sql-files any more. And it crashed once in a while when checking out from TFS or switching to Forms or SSAS-Cube-Designer.
    I am glad I found your post.
    Take care
    Martin

• Ruslan says:

Thank you so much! I have the samу problem on vs2013, and I believe I’ll have it on a newer versions))

• Chanchal says:

Thanks!!! Following solution worked for me:

• Heba ElDawi says: