We have an additional location and dates for our iOS Apps for Non-Programmers Training Class (again, in addition to our April 1-5, 2013 Manhattan Beach, CA class).
Maui Training Class Details
Our class will be held at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center
, Maui, HI (2 miles from Maui’s main airport). It’s a five-day hands-on workshop that runs from July 8-12, 2013
, 9am-5pm each day. This five day workshop, is specifically designed for non-programmers. It teaches you the skills you need to create great Apps for the iPhone and iPad, using the latest tools from Apple!
Beyond the Books
We ask that students go through Book 1 and most of Book 2 before attending class. That way we can go further than the book series currently does and cover topics such as:
- Creating Universal Apps that work great on both the iPhone & iPad
- Creating a well-designed App architecture
- More Core Data – Saving data on a device
- Accessing data on the web
- Creating a revenue stream with iAds
- Interacting with the Camera
- Integrating video and audio in your App
- Interacting with other iOS Apps
- Integrating iMessage, iCloud and Twitter
- Integrating with iOS Passbook (creating event tickets, store cards, boarding passes, etc)
- Working with Maps
- Best practices in creating iOS Apps
- And much more!
Bring Your Apps to Class!
We encourage students to bring the Apps they are working on to class. There is specific information we always cover in each class, but we find that learning about iOS technologies in the context of real-world Apps is the best way to understand how these features work, and how they can be used in your own Apps.
We highly recommend The Old Wailuku Inn
(just 2 miles from the MAAC center) as a great place to stay. You can also check out the Courtyard by Marriott Maui
(just 2.5 miles from the MAAC center) in Kahului, HI, for a more typical hotel stay, or any other hotel of your choosing.
Early Bird Extended for our Manhattan Beach Class, April 1-5, 2013
We have had requests to extend our early bird special for our April 1-5, 2013 Manhattan Beach class, so we have extended the deadline until March 1, 2013.
For details on both classes, check out this link:
All the best!