For anybody, who is interested in, there are my screenshots of Vista with NAV 4.00SP2 (Update 1). There is screenshot with taskman for you to see the memory consumption etc. If you have some request for specific screenshot, ask me and I will try to post the screenshot…
Last few days are Microsoft servers on knees. Why? The RTM versions of Vista and Office 2007 are available for downloads from MSDN, TechNet and Connect sites. Microsoft is experiencing 2.5x higher traffic than when Vista Beta 2 was released. If you are subscriber, you can download it, but do not expect high download speed…
It is there! The presentation is available for download. Because the download is on page for registered visitors only, you can downlad the .mdi (Microsoft Document Imaging) file from my blog. You can see some screenshots from the 5.0 and some demo cases of the new moduels. May be it will helps you to be prepared for the new version.
In March 2007 Microsoft will give access to the CustomerSource website to all customers which are on a Service Plan for Microsoft Dynamics like Enhancement Plan, SOftware Assurance or Deluxe. The access includes these benefits:
- Global English site and 16 country sites in 7 languages (English, German, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, French and Italian)
- Unlimited access to:
- eLearning, Learning plans
- Courseware & Local functionality extension in local languages
- Self help-tools: Knowledge base
- Documentation, installation guides and white papers
- News, events and newsletters
- Product announcements and Information
- Online registration keys
You can contact you Microsoft Partner for more info.
Yes, today (one day before the official date) were released SP3 versions for GR2 countries. You can download them from partnersource (https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/servicepack/microsoftdynamicsnav40sp3.htm?printpage=false)
(Updated 8.11.2007 in 19:22)
Are you ready for news about 5.0?
There it is (the presentation will be publiced in friday, it means, at the end of week you can assume that it will be downloadablefor example on mibuso):
1) Document links – you can link any URL to any record in NAV. You just need to click new toolbar icon (clip) and the new table form opens. There you can insert URL or add file path and description, or open the url or file entered there. That there are some links for the records is indicated in the status bar with new lable "LINK" (like "FILTER" label)
2) Export to Excel and Word – partner can prepare .xslt file and import it into the database. After that, user can select the template and export the data from the active form into the Word or Excel. There are default templates for all tables, which exports the visible data from the form. For example each tab on the form are represented with new Sheet in the excel. You can have e.g. template for order confirmation or customer letter etc…
3) Approval – I do not know the details, but I am sure, that the Status field on the sales order have now more options like "Approval awaiting" etc. It means, that in some cases, before the order is posted, you need to send approval request. The responsible user see that request in the approval request entries, can open the document from there, check the document, can add comments to the request and accept it or reject it. Each action will create new entry for the sender, and the sender can post the document or correct it. There is setup allowing you to set the amount limit when the approval is needed per user, etc.
4) Prepaid invoice – from sales order you can post prepaid invoice, before you receive the items. You just input the percent of the prepaid invoice to the order, and post the prepaid invoice. It will create common invoice and post it. This invoice will be assigned with the item entries created by posting the order.
5) Jobs – some new support for Fixed cost jobs, item tracking, etc.
6) FEFO – first expire first out support…
7) Callback action – you can find which sales are connected to some specific purchase (for example notebooks assembled with defective batteries etc.)
8) Service fixed consumable (I can‘t remember the exact name) – you can define something like "Sales codes" on service (Service codes) – you can enter just service code on the service order and the needed parts will be inserted into the service invoice lines.
9) average per period costing method – you can calculate the average cost based on some period.
10) MapPoint integration – there is new button on the customer card (for example…) which can open the MapPoint, MapPoint server or LiveSearch. You can select if you want to see route from your company to the adress or back, from another address (customer, contact etc.) to this adress or back, or you want just the map etc.
11) You can synchronize any table with any object in Outlook. It is not depending on ms Outlook, it is working through NAS. In outlook you can solve the possible conflicts (changes on both sides), apply filters etc. In NAV you can set which data you can sync with which objects (custom forms in Outlook are supported) and with which filter per user. It means, each user can have just the contacts, which are connected to him etc. I see int his first step to "offline work" when SalesMan can have everything what he needs in his outlook and after connecting to company infrastructure he can synchronize the data into Navision.
12) Intercompany cost sharing – in intercompany module you can share cost between the companies. Isn't it nice?
For more info wait till the release of the presentation.
I am posting this text directly from Community Lounge. We just returned from the keynotes where Bill G. show us the future of Dynamics in Live era. Part of this session was demo of Microsoft dynamics application with possibility to change reservations of items on stock on visual representation of item flow from purchase orders to sales orders. You could take some item reserved for some sales orders and transfer it to other, high priority orders etc.
On the Microsoft Dynamics NAV boots I saw presentation of version 5.0 with the possibility to export data from NAV to Word or Excel. The templates used for the exports are defined by partners and user can just select which one will use. The export function can be restricted per table (I have not see that but…).
That's just quick overview of what you can see if you attend the Convergence. If you are not there, may be next year will be good to be there…
And there is official blog site for this event: http://www.convergingcomments.com/
We will see, what will be included in next release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
30 minutes ago I have arrived to Munchen. First thing which surprised me were signs "Convergence2006EMEA" on trafic signs on the highway 94. It's cool to know, that everybody who goes through the highway know that there is something like Convergence…
In two hours beggins first Partner's event. I hope, that I will meet someone there.
I will try to post anything what I will consider as significant, and may be that I will post about something insignificant too…