Here are some recent, random thoughts from some of the SBS MVP’s on which tablet PC to get. First, some links: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/evaluation/products.mspx
2. I just purchased a Fujitsu Stylistic 5020 Tablet, with the docking kit, 2GB Ram and the top processor. It is quite light, and I have to say it is the best piece of equipment I have ever purchased.
3. I really like the HP TC1100 I’m using. I added a gig of aftermarket RAM to it (was 512) and very happy with it. The slate is 3 lbs and with the keyboard it is at 4 or 4.1 lbs. I went with the HP because of the glass screen and smaller form factor (more like a pad of paper) than the larger Tablets with rotational screens.
4. I’ve got myself a Toshiba Portege M200 tablet – it’s fantastic. I got 5hrs on a recent trip to Singapore on battery and it still had some to spare. It’s light and fairly fast. It’s not one to run VPCs on though – at least not multiple VPCs at the same time.
5. I got my TabletPC yesterday!!!! Fujitsu Lifebook T4000. Originally [I was going to] get an Acer C110, but it seemed impossible to get the one I wanted. [T]he new IBM/Lenovo X41 was pretty cool, but too expensive for me. Anyway, I think I got a good deal on a refurbished model-> Intel Centrino 1.8, 512MB ram, 60GB HD, Bluetooth, Firewire and built-in DVD+/-RW with a Port Replicator and a Car/Air charger for ~$1600 (with $100 off + 5% student discount). Most importantly its only 4.1 pounds and battery lasts 5 hours (which is a significant improvement over my current HP, 8.2lbs and less than 2hr running time J). I have only played with it for one day (and already upgraded the memory to 1.5GB) but it’s an impressive little machine.
6. FedEx delivered my new Acer TravelMate C314XMi today . . . 2.0 GHz Pentium M, 1 gig RAM, 100 GB HD, gigabit lan, etc. etc. now its time to start playing and get everything loaded J