Reading the “8 Factors to Consider in Creating an Information Management Strategy eBook and Presentations” found a few interesting data points to consider:
- If the U.S. cut its office paper use by roughly 10 percent or 540,000 tons, greenhouse gas emissions
would fall by 1.6 million tons — equivalent to taking 280,000 cars off the road for a year.
- There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the U.S., growing at a rate of 22% per year.
- For 56% of organizations, the volume of paper records is increasing.
- The average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year and wastes about 1,410 of these pages.
- With the average cost of each wasted page being about six cents, a company with 500 employees
could be spending $42,000 per year on wasted prints.
That can be a good justification of moving to eForms