Unexpected Error When Accessing Some Accounts in MSDYN CRM 2013 Revisited

Back in February I blogged about fixing an Unexpected Error When Accessing Some Accounts. The fix was to set the Merged field in the AccountBase table to 0 where the current  value is Null (http://msmvps.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2014/02/12/unexpected-error-when-accessing-some-accounts-in-msdyn-crm-2013.aspx). That seemed to work, for awhile, but then it returned. i checked and there were no Accounts with Merge = 0. Then I did a query on the ContactBase table and found 350 Contacts where Merged = Null. i changed the table in the original fix to ContactBase

UPDATE A
SET A.Merged = 0
FROM ContactBase A
WHERE A.Merged = null

This seems to have  done the trick. I no longer get the error when attempting to access certain Accounts. I’m guessing the relationship between Account and Contact links the problem from the associated Contacts. I wonder what other tables may be causing a similar problem. I’ll blog if I run into any others.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>