On the above figure it shows the following:
1) New Technologies coming with .net 3.0 Framework (CF,WF,PF,CardSpace).
2) The Base of .Net Framework 3.0 working on the .Net Framework 2.0,this means any application on 2.0 will not have any interoperability issues or problem to work on .net 3.0 unlike the shift between .net 1.0 to 2.0.
3) Move from Web services to WCF :
-System.ServiceModel is the namespace which provides the whole funcaitonality of WCF.
-Implementing the interface and the implementaiton clsses to implement a WCF service.
(Service Contract,Operation Contract,DataContract)
– Binding information on the web.config,Transport protocol,Endpoints information.
– using svcUtil tool to create proxy classes and clients to your service.